Pages

15 March 2009

Crazy Craft-a-licious Cafeteria Lady

You know you've been at BYU for too long when you start becoming obsessed with crafty, classic Relief Society-ish things. Okay, so my sudden obsession probably has nothing to do with my location, but let's just say I've spent 50 billion hours looking through every single craft book at Barnes and Noble and stalking random blogs. I'm almost certain that I would be perfectly content with dropping out of school and making wicked awesome light fixtures out of straws and quilts made out of postcards for the rest of my life.

In other news...I had a job interview for Mill Hollow (a summer camp for kids in Granite School District) on Friday. I felt like I nailed the interview, so let's hope I land the job! I applied to work in the kitchen, which is mostly going to be pretty crappy since I'll have to wake up at deathly hours and slave away in a hot, sweaty kitchen all day, every day. But there are some definite plus sides. The money is awesome, I don't start until the end of may - so I have about a month of summer freedom, I'll probably (hopefully) work with pretty chill people, and most of all I'll get to be a crazy cafeteria lady - hairnet and all.

2 comments:

Alisha Bowling said...

I had so much fun when I went to Mill Hollow as a kid! I can totally see you scooping my chocolate pudding... :)

Cheryl said...

DUDE!! are they still hiring!?
I would love to do that!
unless you would despise working with me, then i guess I will just have to find my own job :( but i really want to do this