Life has been a major whirlwind the past couple weeks, which is why I haven't updated in ages. Long story short, after a crazy amount of studying for finals and playing outside in the blissful spring weather, I finished my first year of college! I can't quite wrap my head around the fact that it's already been a year. I can't believe how much has happened in the past 2 semesters and how much I've learned about myself and life and everything in between.
So...in true it's-the-end-of-the-year-and-I'm-feeling-a-bit-nostalgic fashion, here are a couple things I've discovered:
1. It is impossible to make your bed when you sleep on the top bunk. My solution? Make the bed at the beginning of the semester and never actually sleep under the covers. It worked like a charm.
2. Life is much more exciting when it involves luchador masks and roommate wrestling nights.
3. Most of life's problems can be solved by walking around alone in the dead of night in a very giant, very empty field. Unsafe? Probably - which is why everyone should invest in a taser.
4. Focusing on things like scripture study and going to the temple and other gospel stuff always pays off, no matter how convinced you are that time would be better spent studying for finals.
5. Taking notes on a computer is quite possibly the most counter-productive thing on the face of the earth. Somehow I always end up on facebook. Go figure.
6. It's pretty rough trying to keep things in perspective and remembering that life doesn't actually revolve around you- I'm still trying to figure out how to make time for a significant amount of community service while balancing school and work and everything else.
7. Happiness lies in recognizing the tender mercies of the Lord. This year has been kind of a roller coaster, but looking back, I have received countless blessing, even when I thought life sucked the most.
8. Getting A's at BYU is possible...it just probably means your social life will be non-existent. Either that, or you should learn to live off as little sleep as possible.
9. Everyone has their quirks. Embracing differences and realizing you're pretty weird yourself is the only way to survive...especially with roommates.
10. The more you learn, the more you realize how much you don't know.
1 comment:
http://fukung.net/v/15595/aeddb3c53aa8957607a53e2ccf19b82e.jpg
this link if perfect foryour finals.
Uncle Tom
Post a Comment