Pages

18 January 2010

A random string of words

I have nothing thought-provoking or super interesting to say. My life is drab. I love the word drab. I think drab and dainty are two of the best words in the English language. I love, love, love words. Except for the ones I hate...namely any word that ends in -gy (ie soggy, doggy, muggy, bloggy, etc). They're uncomfortable in my mouth.

I can't believe I'm going into week 3 of the semester already. Where does time go? It's practically February, which basically means it's nearly Independence Day and Christmas. The future is frightening and exhilarating and confusing and thrilling. I still have no freaking clue what to do with my life. Maybe I need to hire a life coach. Any takers?

My photography adventure is going well. I read the entire owner's manual today, which was a very good thing. I learned a lot. I can't wait until I have time to go take pictures. Tomorrow is the day.

I just finished reading Mere Christianity by CS Lewis. Overall it was very interesting, but quite long and kind of hard to get through. It's pretty wild how many of Lewis' ideas alined with my beliefs. Maybe I'll write another post on the book some other time.

I can't decide what sort of book I want to read now. Historical fiction? Memoir? Adventure? I can't wait to grow up and have a huge library with a sliding ladder and comfy armchairs.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Did I write this post? Because I feel like I could have. Maybe I'll just copy and paste it onto my blog. Also, did you live in my apartment last year without letting me know? "Drab" and "dainty" were pretty much our favorite words of all time. Also, if you find a life coach please pass their name on to me.

Anonymous said...

I am doing some life coaching on the side.

let me know what time slot would fit your schedule.

TD