Today I was doing what any other lazy marathon trainer would do in the morning instead of just going out to run: looking online at other people who have tortured themselves doing the same thing you're about to do. Can I count that as my three mile run today?
Anyway, I stumbled upon some sweet pictures of a half marathon in Moab and immediately thought "why in the world didn't I choose that instead?" thirteen miles seems way more manageable at this point than twenty six. (Point two.) Seriously. Half the torture. Half the time commitment. Half the blisters. Half the nasty energy gu. I could go on...
And then I had to shake all those thoughts right out of my head because hello! I am going to run a full-on marathon. No halfsies. I mentally coached myself: running a half marathon is like making halfway to your dream vacation spot. Or getting a cafe rio burrito with half the amount of pork. Or putting on your pants halfway. Or climbing halfway to the top of mt everest. Or eating a bowl of cereal with half the amount of milk.
None of those things are satisfying.
I guess I'll get back to the whole running thing now.
Ps. I don't think you're lame if you like half marathons. Or even 5ks. Or even if you don't like running at all. (I didnt really like it either for 22 years of my life.)
3 comments:
I don't like running and I'm glad you don't think I'm lame. I am currently wearing a dirty dash t-shirt though because I am a poser. That's all.
A Cafe Rio burrito with half the pork sounds like the saddest day in the history of ever.
Putting your pants halfway on. haha Best analogy. If this were a running analogy to my life, then my pants would never be on.
Post a Comment