Pages

22 August 2009

Such is Life

After a crazy week of sleeping in the tepee, seeing a bear, roasting marshmallows, cooking oodles of food, making an instruction manual for the kitchen, and playing Settlers of Catan into the wee hours of the morning, my summer at Mill Hollow came to a close. I would like to shed one billion tears about it. This has been the absolute best summer of my life, hands down. I've learned a ton, changed quite a bit, met amazing people, and been the happiest I've ever been. The thought of coming back to the real world and going to school is making me a little bit nauseous. But such is life.

While it is quite tragic to say goodbye to all that mountain-y goodness at Mill Hollow, I'm excited for new challenges and experiences and adventures that are to come in this new chapter of life. I have a renewed passion for learning and experiencing life and taking advantage of every opportunity that comes my way, and I'm sure great things are in store in the coming months.

No comments: