I thought I'd give ya'll a quick update on my insanely wonderful life since I've been neglecting my blog lately. Whoops. Anyway, here's a rundown of what's been going on in the past little while.
1. Mexico! I got accepted as the alum leader of YouthLINC's Mexico trip this year! I'll be working with the team leader to plan service activities, organize paperwork and such, fundraise, and a million billion other things. It's going to be insanely awesome. Planning and prepping for the trip starts this month, and we'll be going to Mexico in June of 2010. I have a LOT of work ahead of me, and I couldn't be more excited.
2. More Mexico! I'm also spending Christmas break in Mexico with my family this year! We're going to Chiapas on the alum trip with YouthLINC. Basically it's a trip open to friends and family of YouthLINC participants where you go do service and tourism at one of YouthLINC's international sites (Kenya, Mexico, Peru, or Thailand). Chiapas is the same city that I'll be going to in June, so it will be good to spend some time there and get a feel for the city before I head down with the group of students.
3. I suck at explaining myself clearly. I'm purely giddy about life, so I feel like everything is coming out in one big word jumble because I can't spit it out fast enough! Hopefully you're not entirely confused at this point.
4. Llama The llama schvetta (sweater) ventured to Mill Hollow for the first time. Pictures will be posted soon.
5. Four-Wheeling Adventure I got off work early in the week and drove to Reid Ranch - just outside of Duchesne - for a family reunion. You have to travel on a 13 mile dirt road to get to the ranch, which didn't really phase me because I have to drive on one to get to Mill Hollow. Turns out it was really rainy the night before I got there, and the road turned into a bunch of giant muddy puddles scattered amongst the eewy, gooey, slippery mud. I had a near death experience almost sliding of the side of the road. It was awesome...and also a little bit terrifying.
6. Responsibility, What's That? It just hit me this weekend that I only have 2 more weeks at Mill Hollow, which is the most tragic thing in the whole world. Going back to the real world is quite frightening. I'm kind of dreading all of the distractions (aka internet and cell phones and everything else that constantly bombards you) and dummy responsibilities I'll have to face. I wish I could live a life of pure mountain-y simplicity forever. I guess I just need to learn to embrace change.
7. Hiking I went hiking alone a while ago, which was rather dandy until the moment the sun went down. I'll be honest - it was a little frightening. Good thing I knew the trail well enough to cruise back down towards camp. In other hiking news, I climbed Squaw Peak (up Provo Canyon) with some people last night. It was the steepest trail I've been on in a long time. I love being ridiculously out of shape. Bah. My goal is to do King's Peak next summer. And then the Inca Trail in Peru.
8. Apparently I am quite fond of blabbing about really boring, random things. Perhaps it's because I don't really have anything meaningful to blog about. Tragic.
9. Craft Lake City My friend and I went to a way rad event in Salt Lake this weekend where a bunch of local artists/crafters brought their stuff and sold it to the public. It was cool to walk around and get ideas of stuff I can make during the times I should be studying in the fall. I also fell in love with a screen printer. I need it.
10. River Guide I am strongly considering applying to be a river guide in Moab next summer. I am quite certain that it would be the most insane experience ever. I would probably melt in the heat, but it would be beyond worth it. Plus I would get to grow a beard. I hear it's all the rage in the river guide world.
1 comment:
How exciting about Mexico!! So King's Peak...I would TOTALLY do that with you if you're looking for someone! :)
Post a Comment