I would learn to speak Spanish perfectly. And Italian. And German. And maybe Finnish (just to say that I speak it).
I would have fancy dinner parties once a month. Tea parties would also suffice.
I would visit all kinds of small towns in far off places.
I would grow a garden. Or maybe build a greenhouse and have oodles of exotic plants. Both, perhaps?
I would laugh at everything. Especially at really awkward moments.
I would build a treehouse in the leafy treetops. Preferably a secret treehouse where I can go to escape the world and just think. And of course it would include a hammock.
I would learn to play the bagpipes and the didgeridoo. (And also the piano and guitar).
I would write lots and lots of books. Probably about weird things.
I would buy a fancy camera and figure out how to take impeccable photographs.
I would sew all of my own clothes.
I would learn about everything under the sun - physics, art, philosophy, psychology, culture, biology.
I would be a nomad and roam the earth.
And yet here I sit, chained to my desk by tests and homework assignments, wondering why in the world we feel obligated to march in line with everyone and go along with these so-called social expectations. Bah. Maybe I'll quit school and join a band of gypsies.
1 comment:
Remember how you can write lots and lots of books, starting with NaNoWriMo this year? Just a suggestion.
You know you want to.
Post a Comment