Pages

14 October 2012

on listening to yourself

Worst thing: busywork 
Best thing: meaningful assignments that sort of change your life

I appreciate having lots of good professors this semester who understand this concept. 

Like how I had to spend an entire day doing only the things I thought were right for me to do at that moment. It make me look inward and figure out what was really right, not just justify things I wanted to be right. 

By the end of the day I had actually done all of my homework, spent some time letting my brain veg, and did things that made me feel alive - like I was actually contributing to the earth, not just blobbing around.

And I felt peace. I felt accomplished. I felt satisfied.

I think this is what following the Spirit is all about. You just have to listen to your inner voice and not fight against it. You have to be willing to do things that are a bit irrational. Do what feels right, and let the rest figure itself out. It's the hardest thing to do (sometimes), but the only thing that makes sense.

1 comment:

Ashlynne and Matt Armstrong said...

Thank you! I agree 100% about the assignment thing! I don't remember meaningless busy work but assignments like these I still remember!