But tonight I'll tell you because we can't seem to even find time to talk on the phone for longer than 3 minutes.
Today I started an internship at Head Start preschool. The little tykes were adorable, and I found out I get to do loads of Spanish translating. Every time I think about social work things I get butterflies in my stomach and want to start leaping around the room. I think that means I'm making a good choice.
But then I remember I have to finish this independent study class, find people to write me letters of recommendation, do my application, write a personal statement, and blah blah blah. I can't wait for that part to get out of my life.
Work is a dream still (usually). The worst part is when my missionaries don't do their homework (which isn't uncommon), and I'm pretty sure I have it waaaay too easy in comparison with other jobs (customer service at Ross, anyone?). I keep learning and relearning how much I love teaching and how I hope to rock the teaching world someday.
Speaking of work...today as I was leaving there were a bunch of missionaries coming in for the first day. I passed a bright-eyed new elder wheeling his suitcase down the sidewalk, and a few yards later ran into his family, standing/crying/hugging on the corner. I couldn't breathe for a second as I thought about all that will happen to him and to that family in the next 2 years. Bliss. Tears. Loneliness. Blessings. Miracles. Frustrations. And everything else you can squeeze in. All I could muster up was a lame "He's going to be the best!" as I passed the family and walked to my car. Maybe I cried for a second.
Why does my blog always turn into mission reflection time? I'll never grow out of that.
Let's talk about weather. That's always a safe topic.
IT IS FREEZING. And it hasn't even snowed yet (except that one time). I wear 2 pairs of sweats, a jacket, and scarf inside my house sometimes. Also mittens on my feet. (slippers for Christmas?) But I do love the colors and the piles of leaves and boots clomping around and the music.
Mostly the music. I think fall is the best time to listen to music. You can listen to any song in any season, but the second you listen to it outside on a crisp afternoon or inside while drinking tea it suddenly adds a new dimension. A good one. A dimension full of emotion and deep thoughts and passion for life. Sort of magical.
If life were up to me, I'd make everyone go to school in the summer and give fall time as vacation. Perfect for crafting, adventuring, eating, cooking, biking, loving, listening, and thinking.
No comments:
Post a Comment