Today's conversation with my favorite 11 year old:
"Why?"
"It's boring. All they make us do is write pages and pages of words in social studies. My hand wants to fall off and it's boring and I hate it."
We proceeded to make up a story about a chocolate donut who ended up in the hospital (hot chocolate doctor and screaming marshmallows for dramatic effect) after being mistaken for part of a circus act (complete with an afro wig,crowd sing-a-longs and flying sprinkles).
"So...maybe words aren't that bad after all?" I asked her.
Eye roll. Laugh. "Yeah, I guess not."
I'm still trying to figure out why it's cool to hate school. We spend hours and hours and hours in a classroom learning about mystical creatures and giant bloody wars and people that changed the world...but for some reason we resent it.
Let's start a revolution.
School is cool.
#nerdtime
1 comment:
I want to be part of this.
Post a Comment