It's Friday night. I just got done taking a freaking ridiculous test and now I'm just bumming around at my apartment (exciting, right?). What better way to waste the night than doing one of these dumb forward thingies? I know, I know, they're lame and everyone hates them, but I have nothing better to do. And apparently you have nothing better to do than read this. I guess that makes us both losers.
Anyway, here are the rules: Go to iTunes (or the music player of your choice) and shuffle your entire library. Answer each question with the next song that comes up. No cheating! (aka- skipping songs or writing one on purpose) It’s funnier just to see what pops up.
Here are my answers:
How does the world see me?
Song: Wire
Artist: U2
Comments: "Such a nice day, throw your life away." Sounds about right.
Will I have a happy life?
Song: Superman
Artist: Hans Five For Fighting
Comments: Apparently I'm not naive and realize life sucks. "It's not easy to be me." How cynical.
What do my friends really think of me?
Song: Dinamita
Artist: Javier Garcia
Comments: Ok, so I have a lot of Spanish music on my iTunes. This song is about dynamite. I would have to wholeheartedly agree.
Do people secretly lust after me?
Song: Honey, Honey
Artist: from the Mama Mia! soundtrack
Comments: Haha. Looks like a wedding is in the near future.
What should I do with my life?
Song: Foundations
Artist: Kate Nash
Comments: I should dedicate my life to driving everyone around me crazy by deliberately doing things that push their buttons.
How can I make myself happy?
Song: She Is
Artist: The Fray
Comments: According to the title I'm already happy. And brilliant. And perfect. Sounds just like me, huh?
Why should life be full of so much pain?
Song: Annie Waits
Artist: Ben Folds
Comments: We get our hopes up for something and wait for it to happen, only to be disappointed all the days. How profound.
Will I ever have children?
Song: Pay It Back
Artist: Elvis Costello
Comments: Me having children will be payback for being such a troublemaker as a youngin'. What goes around comes around. (Except I was really an angel child - just ask my mother -...so I guess that means my kids will be perfect too. Brilliant.)
Will I die happy?
Song: Relate To
Artist: Maren Ord
Comments: I've never even listened to this song before. I have no idea where it came from and why it's on my iTunes. But it sorta fits I guess. It's something about relating to other people and helping them or something. So my philosophical analysis concludes that dying happy depends on whether or not I relate to other people. Or something. Whatever. It's a lame song.
What is some good advice for me?
Song: Lullaby
Artist: Josh Groban
Comments: YES! I was just thinking I should go to bed. 10 pm on a Friday night kind of makes me sound like a grandma, but for some reason I'm totally okay with that.
What is happiness?
Song: The Wanderer
Artist: U2
Comments: Free spirit-ness! And traveling! And hardcore people watching! I'd have to agree with this one.
What is my favorite fetish?
Song: A Man and a Woman
Artist: U2
Comments: Gosh you'd think I only have U2 on my iTunes. Apparently I have a strange obsession with love the differences between a man and a woman. Umm...?
How will I be remembered?
Song: Beautiful
Artist: John Allred
Comments: Can't argue with that!
1 comment:
I knew my grandma-ness would rub off on you eventually. Just wait, pretty soon you'll be drinking prune juice and knitting doilies!
Post a Comment