Pages

20 January 2009

Sin City



I just got back from a lovely weekend in Vegas. I'm generally not a fan of the city, but my family was going so I decided to tag along. There's just something about the ringing of slot machines and scantily clad girls everywhere you look that doesn't really do it for me.

Luckily we spent the majority of our time relaxing in the delightfully warm weather away from the strip. I was a tad bit jealous that our hotel room/mansion was MUCH bigger than my entire apartment. Hotel owners are desperate for attracting customers in this wretched economy, so nightly rates are much cheaper than usual. I wish I could say the same about the cost of my housing!

Anyway, highlights of the trip include seeing 'V' (a variety show at some hotel I can't really remember the name of), singing Italian opera with the gondoliers at the Venetian, swimming for hours - OUTDOORS!, and eating at the Paris buffet till I was literally bursting at the seams. Oh yeah, and did I mention the 70 degree weather? Ahh. Divine.

Big fat thank you to my family for letting me tag along...even if I did have to invite myself! (Sheesh, it's like they think just because I moved out they're rid of me forever! Nice try!)

No comments: