- watching loads of movies
- eating more than enough food
- going home for a day
- sledding at Soldier Hollow with the fam and my friend Nancy
- finding out Saturday afternoon that I had to teach Relief Society the next day
- giving the best lesson on missionary service this world has ever known
- sitting in Borders for 4 1/2 hours straight
- grocery shopping
Yes folks, you read that right. I got a car! Well, okay, so my dad surprised my mom with a new car on Valentine's Day...which meant that her old car would just be sitting around, shivering in the winter air and sulking about not being used. So I thought I'd fulfill my duty as a good daughter and citizen of the earth and I offered to take my mom's old car back to Provo with me. Turns out my parents agreed!
I've survived quite well without a car since I've started school, and actually kind of enjoyed it (well, mostly just the part where I didn't have to pay for gas). But I cannot even begin to express how convenient it is to be able to get around at my leisure now. Going grocery shopping by myself today was quite possibly the best thing ever. You probably don't know this about me, but I have a major obsession with grocery shopping. Weird, I know, but I love it.
I will still be utilizing public transportation (I'm just not ready to give up the entertainment factor of riding the bus. You see some wacky things riding the bus around town), but getting around will be infinitely easier now.
Now my only problem is coming up with a name for my "new" car! It's a jeep and looks just like the one pictured above. Any suggestions are welcome.
4 comments:
I have a few brief suggestions, though I'm sure I'll think of more.
Gary
Pongo
The Jeep
Geppetto
Francis
Sebastian
Viola
Malcom
Eunice
Eunice has my vote,haha :)
My only name suggestion is Beep. Because it is easy to remember.
And as for your grocery store obsession, I can completely agree. I have a major one myself. It's embarrasing the amount of time that I have spent shopping for food at any one time.
Hope to see you soon, especially now that your transportation situation is more agreeable.
Penelope, Carol, Tweedle Dee, Tweedle Dum, Silvestre.
Congratulations gal!
Post a Comment