Pages

12 February 2009

Stream of Consciousness

I should have been in bed ages ago, yet here I am wasting 50 hours of my life on the computer...as always. Since I'm up so late messing around, I should probably use this time to accomplish some stuff I've been putting off for ages. But alas, here I sit screwing around with photoshop and facebook stalking. Pathetic, right?

However, I must say, my photoshopping skills are getting to be pretty impressive. Ok, not really, but it's still a thoroughly enjoyable waste of time.

So how about a multitude of musings from the mind of Merrit, eh? (how's that for alliteration?)...

I can't really wrap my head around the idea that it's practically halfway through the semester, which means I'm almost done with my first year at BYU. As exciting as that is, the thought of actually having to get a real grown-up job in just a couple years makes me want to die. All you old folks better get this economy crap figured out before the time for me to get a job comes because let's be honest - who in the world wants to hire a sociology major in an economy like this?

Speaking of the semester flying by...I need to figure out where the crap I'm going to live next semester. This whole apartment searching thing is awful. Add that to the list of reasons for me to drop out and join a band of gypsies.

Next year is sure to be an adventure. I'm in hot pursuit of a wicked awesome internship to do in some exotic Spanish-speaking location next winter semester. Here's my criteria: Spanish-speaking, sociology-related, non profit management-related, inexpensive (well, ok, a paid internship would be ideal), and flexible enough that I can mostly play and get college credit for it.

If you know of anything that fits this description, please feel free to hook me up. I pretty much have no clue how I'm even supposed to get this all figured out, but mark my words... I'll be outta this country in a year from now! I'm getting a major case of travel fever, and having no money doesn't really do much to help cure that.

I'm secretly really intruiged/confused/mildly annoyed by the insane amount of people who have given in to the pressure of doing the "25 Random Things" thing going around on Facebook. I could probably do a massive research study and write a book for sociology and become world famous. Reading them is a little bit of a guilty pleasure for me, so I am by no means suggesting that it's lame. I am simply fascinated by how many people have actually done it.

Umm...I can't really think of anything else to say, except that I'm sure you're all very happy that I finally updated. But in all actuality you're all wondering why you're still reading this entirely pointless and unentertaining (is that a word?) post. Ha. Suckers.

2 comments:

Megan K Leavitt said...

I enjoy being a sucker, thanks.

Anonymous said...

Who needs gypsies when you have llamas? You can speak Spanish to them whilst you tend them in the field. I think the Pastle is non-profit, too. Plus you'll get to go to exotic Spanish Fork, UT. Llamas are clearly the solution to all of your woes (as usual).

PS- my word verification was 'twismas'. Merry Twismas to all!