The past couple weeks at work have been absolutely divine. I discovered the beauty of hammock-ing, and have spent a good chunk of time swinging in it. I particularly enjoy napping and reading while I perch myself between two trees.
I am also embracing my inner hick more and more every day. I'm basically pro at archery and fishing (gutting and all!), and I can hold my own in a conversation about diesel trucks and how to increase power and performance.
Hiking is blissful, as usual. One of my current favorites is a hike to Heart Lake overlook. You can get cell phone service there (not available at Mill Hollow), plus the view over Heart Lake is phenomenal.
I was just thinking the other day about how at the beginning of the summer I was dreading work and I literally thought I would hate it. Lucky for me, I was completely wrong. I absolutely love my job (even when it's insanely stressful), and I LOVE living in the mountains all week long. It's like instant serenity - especially when sitting in a hammock. I have made amazing friends and learned a TON about life and myself and cooking and a million zillion other things. I wish time wasn't going by so quickly! I don't think I'm quite ready to move back to real life yet. For the moment, I'm pretty content to live like a hippie and wear rad bandanas every day of my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment