Pages

23 December 2009

Christmas?

I keep forgetting that Christmas is this week. Whoops.

It hasn't snowed much (until today), and it never feels Christmas-y unless there are massive amounts of snow. I don't know how people in exotic locations handle Christmas. I feel like something would just be a little off.

Also, I am so not loving Christmas music this year. Before you all go off calling me a Scrooge, just chill for a second. It's not that I don't ever like it. I just haven't really been feeling it this year. Except for the one about Christmas shoes. Brings a tear to my eye every time.

This year my family decided to replace Christmas with something way cooler - a humanitarian trip to Mexico! We leave the day after Christmas and we'll be spending 9 days in beautiful Chiapas near the Mexico/Guatemala border. I can't even wait. I am loving the fact that I have not purchased a single present for anyone. Not that I don't love giving - I just think Christmas gets a little out of control sometimes. Perhaps that's why it hasn't felt like Christmas. I haven't gotten caught up in all the wondering what I should ask Santa for and wondering what I should get for other people. I think I prefer it this way.

So I wish you all a very merry Christmas.

Enjoy time with your families. Eat a lot of good food. Play in the snow. Give.

And for the rest of us, happy Festivus!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just thought of some more music for you. (serious this time).

St. Etienne and Pappas Fritas.

good underground stuff.

TD - OUT.