Pages

18 December 2009

When did December happen?

I could have sworn January was five minutes ago.

So instead of freaking out about how quickly time is passing, of course I made a list - a list of how I plan to take advantage of every single second of what's left of 2009.

1. Search. Find used book stores and wander the aisles for ages. (No, this is not a waste of time. Book stores are prime locations for meeting rad people, finding new books to read, enjoying the aroma of pastries and coffee, and gaining a new appreciation for psychedelic carpet. Time well spent, I'd say.)
2. Read. A lot. I'm currently working on Mere Christianity by CS Lewis. Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse is up next. Any recommendations from my loyal readers?
3. Give. Love, gifts, service, time, and angry gestures at bad drivers. I'll give it all. Except maybe I'll try to keep the latter to myself.
4. Plan. I'm off to Costa Rica next June with the fanciest girl I know. The crazy semester wasn't really conducive to heavy-duty planning. And so now it begins. Anyone been to Costa Rica before and want to share some sweet travel tips?
5. Eat. Christmas cookies, turkey, pomegranates, pita bread, Mexican food, and every other imaginable delicious treat. And I won't even regret the added pounds. (Okay, maybe a little, but it will be well worth it).
6. Travel. Off to Mexico in a week!
7. Reconnect. Play with old friends and laugh for hours.
8. Think. For the first time in months my brain isn't spinning with a massive homework to-do list. I'm free to think about whatever the heck I want. Nothing like some good old-fashioned thinking.
9. Play. 'nuff said.
10. Listen. I finally have time to find super rad music for my listening pleasure.

How do you plan to celebrate the final weeks of the year?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am in love with number 7.

I plan to:
Relax, visit, pig out, and be crafty.

Speaking of crafty, have you been to the Hobby Lobby out at the district? I spent nearly an hour on the two isles with the jewelry making stuff. I could absolutely get lost in that store.

Anonymous said...

I have some sweet CD's I could lend you.

I would even lend you the New Order one with 7 different versions of the same song, only with great techno remixes.

I also have every RUSH album made that I could lend you.