11.4.2010
I made it to Guayaquil in one piece, but my luggage did not. It must have missed the connecting flight. I´ve been mooching off everyone else for 2 days.
The poor mission president and assistant had to wait for like 2 hours after I landed because I was trying to solve the lost luggage situation. I felt terrible. But it was quite a relief to see people in suits and name tags. I was convinced they would forget about me. Vivan los milagros.
I´ve been staying with 4 sisters who are serving in Guayaquil until I go to my first area. Mostly it´s been boring and wearing the same pair of socks for 3 days is making me want to barf. But we did get to do a session in the temple. It was amazing. Prior to the session I had the worst anxiety and frustration and depression I´ve ever had. I wanted to fly home. I was convinced I wasn´t cut out for this whole mission thing. I had no food, no luggage, and I was sleeping on a mattress in the middle of a dumpy apartment. So I prayed harder than I´ve ever prayed in the temple that I would at least be able to take a full breath of air. And I could literally feel the anxiety melt away. I can´t even begin to describe how wild and amazing it was. I´ve been fine ever since. Still clueless and inadequate, but at least I´m breathing.
When I landed I found out I would be serving in Cuenca. It´s supposed to be the coolest place on the planet, and super awesome as far as mission-standards go (helpful members and lots of baptisms). Please bless that my luggage comes soon so it can accompany me to Cuenca.
No comments:
Post a Comment