11.2.2010
The airplane i´m on right now is showing Despicable Me. You have no idea how hard it is for me to refrain from watching it.
I am the only missionary from Provo going to Ecuador today. That means i have no power in numbers. it was such a strange experience for me to stand alone in public with a nametag and missionary clothes. kind of freaky, actually. people stared at me and my tag trying to figure out who the heck i was. probably i should have taken that as an opportunity to share the gospel, but i checked out. im still working on that whole confidence thing. i rock the eye contact and smiling thing though. baby steps to becoming a good missionary.
It´s a miracle that i made my final connecting flight to Guayaquil today. Seriously. My flight from Dallas to Miami was delayed an hour. My layover there was only an hour to begin with. I landed in Miami at 7 and my flight was to leave at 7.10. Somehow I managed to get myself and an old lady from our gate to our connecting gate in 7 minutes. don´t ever tell me God doesn´t answer prayers.
There are chinese men on the plane next to me reading books about pottery and discussing it. I am beyond grateful I am serving Spanish-speaking. How does anyone ever learn asian languages?
Okay. Deep breath. I´m landing soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment