Pages

15 May 2009

Obsessed

I think I have a problem. I am obsessed with making lists. Is it normal to get giddy about writing a to-do list? Or a shopping list? Or a list of goals? Or of reasons why I'm obsessed with list-making? I've probably made a list about (nearly) anything you can think of.

A couple days ago I went downtown to the Salt Lake Library and stumbled upon an entire book (okay, it was more like a weird hand-made zine thing) of lists! Can you imagine my joy as I thumbed through every single page? Mostly it made me want to make a list right then and there about why I love libraries.

So, what is it about lists that thrills me? Probably the fact that unless I write something down, it will never, ever get done. I have the memory span of a goldfish, so trying to store things in my brain is pretty much the worst idea ever. There is also major satisfaction in crossing things off the list.

I've had a bit of a rough time coming up with things to write on this here blog...mostly because I don't actually do anything. Ever. I wake up and clean (sometimes) and sit around. To provide you - my loyal readers - with plenty of thrilling reading material, I've decided to start posting some of my sweet lists. I don't really know why, but I'm doing it anyway. Ha.

I still have to hook up my scanner (because simply typing up a list doesn't quite do it justice), so you'll just have to wait in great anticipation for the first installment of List Mania.

2 comments:

Celeste said...

I LOVE LISTS TOO!! We are weird...

Brooke said...

BASSA!! I think you already know how I feel about this subject. Also, the list zine was way better than any of the ones I read.

PS- word verification = fieferri. Nobody likes a fieferri in the night!