Well, I started my job on Thursday at Mill Hollow. Thursday and Friday consisted of cleaning sick nasty crap (including molding dishes, mopping flooded floors, and wiping up mouse crap) and trying to whip together a couple quick meals for the staff that were up there. I didn't hate it entirely, which is a pretty good sign that this job could actually turn out to be kinda fun! Mostly I felt completely incompetent and idiotic the entire time...I'm a little in over my head and there is a HUGE learning curve to figure everything out. As soon as I get it down it shouldn't be too bad.
Anyway, I'm sure I'll give a more complete update next weekend because it's late and I should probably get some sleep since I have to wake up at the crack of dawn to head back up into the land of no cell phone service or internet. Speaking of which...if anyone feels a grand desire to send me a text message or two, or even leave me a sweet voicemail, you definitely should. A full inbox would be just thrilling at the end of a grueling week of cleaning and singing Kumbaya in the mountains. Also, perhaps it would lessen the blow of feeling completely out of touch all summer long.
No comments:
Post a Comment