This is my 182nd post. Nothing really significant about that number, only that I noticed how much closer I'm getting to 200. I have a confession. Sometimes I go back and re-read my blog posts. All of them. Okay, not all of them in one sitting, but I pick a few and read them. I feel kind of vain when I do it. Oh well. It doesn't really stop me.
Sometimes I have the urge to start an anonymous blog and write about weird things and have thousands of readers. I think it would be more exciting than my pointless posts here. I want to pretend like I'm an expert on something and write about it. I would choose to be an expert in cheap travel. I'd write about cool off-the-beaten-path things and my adventures hanging out with the typical hippie traveler types. It's no secret that I've always wanted to be one of them.
And sometimes I just want to write with a lot of swear words. Maybe that makes me a bad person, but I don't care. It makes me feel British. I don't know why, but it does. Tea parties and swearing. Apparently that's what I think of when I think of Brits. I blame Kate Nash.
So. Moral of the story is that I have a lot of things to say that are interesting/charming/witty/funny/thought-provoking in my head, but they sort of end up being terribly boring. Words suck. I'm a horrible writer. And I'm an even worse speaker. Maybe I should try sign language or interpretive dancing. (They're sort of the same thing in my mind).
4 comments:
I'm good with interpretative dancing and sign language. So this is perfect. Remind me to show you some techniques.
I always want to reserve blog domains just in case. Every once in awhile I check to see what blogs are available.
I reread my blog posts all the time. Nobody ever said you can't blog-stalk yourself. :)
I love your blogs and think you write beautifully. I am always jealous of how well you write. Also, I think I would prefer it if you often did a little swearing on your blog. Makes you seem more human (because you don't seem human otherwise! haha jk) Anyways, I think most people feel their own blog is quite boring and stupid and wonder why/who even reads it. At least I feel the same about mine. I love you and I was super excited to hear your good news that you are going on a mish! You will be the best ever!
Mub.
How can you say those awful things? I love your blog. So when you insult your blog you insult my good taste.
But if you ever decide to start another one anonymously, can I join you?
Post a Comment