Pages

05 April 2010

Things I've learned this semester

The semester is almost over. I have a billion research papers to write and several presentations to prepare. So clearly the best thing to do right now is put all of that off for a bit to write this post. 

1. Never, ever miss appointments with professors. Especially professors on a power trip.
2. Don't procrastinate. I re-learn this one every semester.
3. Snow isn't ugly.
4. Photography is more enjoyable than studying.
5. Pickles are still disgusting.
6. Free laundry at home is the greatest thing on the planet.
7. Gnocchi isn't as hard to make as everyone says it is.
8. I have lost every ounce of desire to start my own nonprofit. (note to self: if you're excited/ambitious about something, don't ever study it in an academic setting)
9. Sometimes I say weird things in my sleep.
10.  These things make life worth living: llamas, church, tea parties, Korean restaurants, picnics at the park, discovering new music, bananagrams, youtube videos, sidewalk chalk, and tickets to Costa Rica.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

I'm glad that llamas still made this list. I was getting worried.

PS- word verification: gulanito. I'd like to see you come up with a recipe for that

Eric Layland said...

Let me guess. You were in the library, not writing your papers when you wrote this post?

In response to your list:
7. Do people actually say it's really hard. I trust that rumor is out there, but are people really saying it? Just curious who you heard the rumor from.
8. Agreed. I will never. NEVER. start a business. Or read a wall street journal article again. Ever.
9. I've been known to do this to. I fell asleep at a bonfire and Natalie swears I said, "Neener."
10. Amen to Korean Restaurants, picnics,bananagrams, youtube, and tickets to Costa Rica (South Pacific in my case).

But most importantly. I bought all of pomplamoose's music. So. How do you like me now?

MD said...

Let's be friends. And by that I mean you must give me all your music.

Anonymous said...

I am glad you discovered Post Secret. it is Awesome!

Uncle Tom