- Helping in an adorable kindergarten class
- Learning that kindergarten kids don´t speak Spanish. Tzotzil only. Communicating is hard.
- Scrubbing walls in the school to prep for painting. I´m going to be so ripped.
- Trying (and failing) to mix cement by hand. Maybe I´m not as ripped as I thought.
- Watching a man sweep his grass with a broom.
- Going to a catholic-pagan cathedral filled with thousands of candles (it was the hottest place I´ve ever been) and people performing sacrifices and rituals in hopes of curing illnesses
- Eating the most horrendously disgusting boiled plantains and sour cheese for lunch. (Maybe that´s what made me sick?)
- Getting yelled at by a man who said the last thing Mexico needs is more religious missionaries. He was a little mislead on what we were doing here...it´s not religious at all.
- Trying to get rid of the drunks who stumble through the schoolyard daily
- Nancy mixing up the words ¨cabra¨ and ¨cabron¨
- Eating hundreds of tortillas
- Watching our bus driver masterfully maneuver our massive bus through the tiny Mexican streets
- Showering in a nasty community shower with stalls that are much too short for me.
- Getting awesome chaco tan lines on my feet
- Finding a frog outside of the shower and scaring a little girl and her madre half to death.
- Enjoying days without insane rainstorms so we can get lots of construction done
- Getting hugs and kisses from tiny Mexican children
- Watching a soccer team of 2 year olds practice. I cried it was so cute.
Pages
24 June 2010
Mexico, Briefly
It´s hard to update this blog...between getting sick and not having great internet access I am kind of failing at keeping ya´ll in the loop. But I stayed home from the village today due to a very sick stomache, so I have a minute to update with a few brief highlights:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Speaking of soccer games...I'm watching the USA v. Ghana game concurrently. I'm on edge. You'd be screaming I think.
Post a Comment