Pages

17 March 2013

on interaction


This semester I took a nature photography class (again) because there are few things I love more than being outside and figuring out how to capture beauty. The best part of the class is a field trip to Moab to take pictures of sunsets and arches and lots and lots of red rocks.

I think my favorite thing about my recent Moab adventures was watching people interact with their surroundings. 


Some take pictures  


some sit alone in high places



(and others prefer to have company)



some greet the day at sunrise


some climb rocks


and some write lovely words


I was very lucky to spend a couple days in an incredible place with lovely people. I learned a thousand things from every single one of them...which is sort of a miracle because a few days ago they were only perfect strangers. It was the most random bunch (everything from pre-mish freshman to army wives to dating couples to English majors), but I've never seen 17 people mesh so well in my entire life. I learned how to trust people (because my body would literally be lodged in some crevice right now if they had not rescued me and my broken-armed body) and listen to what they have to say...because everyone has an interesting perspective with something valid/valuable to contribute. 

And I definitely learned that nature heals me. 





1 comment:

Lori (your aunt) said...

Merrit. Your photos are stunning. I want you to give me some lessons!!!