Helen Keller once said, "Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing."
I have this horrible fear that I will wake up one day as a middle-age woman who once had dreams and aspirations and a desire for adventure...but who spent all of her life doing only mundane, monotonous daily tasks like doing homework, folding laundry, and going grocery shopping. A nothing life. Terrifying.
So I have a plan to combat this potentially disastrous nothing life. I will make every day a daring adventure. I will take risks. I will climb on things that shouldn't be climbed on. I will sing out loud to my ipod in public. I will draw with sidewalk chalk and take pictures of silly things. I'll do (at least) one thing per day that is out of the ordinary just because I can. I won't avoid danger.
Here's to becoming a living adventure and finding joy and beauty in life...even in bland, boring Provo. I will make a list of all the lovely things I do and keep you updated on my adventures. Also, this is an open invitation to participate with me (because doing it with someone > doing it alone). We could play with llamas at the Hare Krishna Temple or blow bubbles on Center Street. I'm just sayin'.
2 comments:
Llamas? Bubbles? Count me in!
all about novelty. let's fly kites. that's the adventure i want.
Post a Comment