Pages

29 March 2010

Make My Heart Go Boom Boom

"Our hearts are not pure; our hearts are filled with need and greed as much as with love and grace; and we wrestle with our hearts all the time. The wrestling is who we are. How we wrestle is who we are. We’re verbs. What we want to be is never what we are. Not yet. Maybe that’s why we have these relentless engines in our chests, driving us forward toward what we might be."

Quote from this article. I loved it.

"What we want to be is never what we are."

How rad is it that we can grow and evolve and progress instead of remaining pathetically stagnant in this life?! I'm so in love with that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you ever watch Zenon on the Disney channel? "Zoom zoom zoom, make my heart go boom boom boom". That's the song you've got stuck in my head now.

Also, I think you're rad.

Eric Layland said...

hey. phil and scott are mocking me for looking at your blog 2 in the morning. Still I make this comment. I liked your post.