I had this book when I was little. Sarah, Plain and Tall. I never loved the book. In fact, I don't think I ever really liked it that much. The pink cover taunted me every time I looked at it sitting on my shelf or my nightstand or the floor (mostly buried by clothes). I felt like I was obligated to read it and adore it. I'm not sure if I ever even read the whole thing.
Anyway, I just glanced through it a while ago. I read the part where Sarah, the potential step-mom from Maine, is talking to the daughters of the man she might marry. During Sarah's visit to the farm (before she decides to stay and marry their father), the girls are worried that Sarah will get sick of the prairie and want to return to Maine and the sea. Sarah assures them: "There is always something to miss, no matter where you are.”
I've been thinking about missing things. Things I miss now, and things I'll miss when this chapter of life comes to an end. There is always something to miss, no matter where you are.
2 comments:
It means you miss me.
I found 2 shoes today.
also i always hated that book.
My mom bought that book for me once. She told me it was supposed to be great. I read some of it, then it sat on my bookshelf and haunted me.
I don't miss that book. But, it's so true. I can think of a couple things I miss for sure.
Also, I found not one, but two Scout lists while cleaning up at MH this week. My heart ached for you.
Post a Comment