Pages

30 May 2010

I used to be a genius

Why do I feel like I was smarter in high school?

I miss projects like stream-of-consciousness writing journals, studying genetics with teddy grahams, and making movies for Spanish class. I feel like I learned stuff. I was well-rounded.

But now I can't tell you cool details about the Cold War. Matrices? Forgot how to do them. I can't list the books I read for AP Lit. The only words I remember from German are completely useless.

You see, I have this disease. I think it's called forgeteverythingfivesecondsafterithappensitis. It started after I graduated high school and gets worse with every boring lecture-style college course I take.

I just want to make a diorama to portray Weber's sociological theory, please.  

2 comments:

Melanie said...

maybe you should change your major to becoming a teacher and you can teach high school or college classes that are fun and the kids can learn interesting things! You are amazing and smart and know way more than I do about anything! Oh well. I think I have that disease too...

Anonymous said...

Scout, your homework for today is to make a diorama to portray Weber's sociological theory. Also, please write a stream of consciousness journal entry on the topic of Mill Hollow.

These are both worth 500 points. This is very serious business. :)