Hello everyone! Sorry for the delay in my first blog post. There was some mix-up in getting it sent to my sister (I had the wrong email address), so that's why it has taken so long. But just know that I am still alive.
Also. I've been having a hard time writing in full english. sorry if i interject with a spanish word. my brain is going crazy.
The following should have been posted last week...
okay. companions. i started in a threesome with hna. hyde y hna. pace. Both are amazing girls. We just got another girl in our district, so now i'm just with hna. pace. She is hilarious. She's from S. Caronlina and has the sweetest accent you've ever heard. Even her spanish has a little twang. love it. She's probably the most christlike person i've ever met. Sort of the quintessential sister missionary, but so so so rad. I adore her. I'll send pictures soon...maybe.
My district is rad. 4 hermanas y 6 elderes. all sisters are white, all elders are hispanic. the boys are the most gentlemanly 19 year olds i've ever met. they're going to make fine husbands someday.
the biggest thing i've learned here the past week is LOVE. Amor. Caridad. I'm falling more and more in love with love every single day. My goal for the mission is to develop pure, unconditional love for everyone i meet. I have a looong way to go, but i'm trying. and that's the best i can do, verdad? So I will love everyone. Maybe i'll suck at teaching and my hair will look like the frizziest thing of all time and my companion will smell like corn nuts. But I'll still love. Viva el amor.
Something I miss? Hugs. I don't know why, but for some reason all i want to do is give everyone i meet the biggest, fattest hug of all time. Which is weird because i'm not usually a mega touchy sort of person, right? So. I don't know. maybe it's all this lovin' i've been learning. Loving investigators. Loving companions. Loving the weather. Loving the grouchy bus driver. Loving everyone. I'm a big fan of it. I just wish i wasn't prohibited from hugging. ha.I'm a missionary! I have to remind myself of that approximately every second of every day. It's surreal. Everything about this whole mission thing is surreal. I remember sitting in a big fat meeting on our first day looking around wondering what would happen if I just ran out the doors and never came back. Sometimes I still wonder if I could do that. Not that I don't love the mission. it's just hard. also it's like a roller coaster. major. one second i will be the happiest i've ever been and the next i want to yell and everyone and cry and rip off this freaking skirt. i think people that tell you the mtc was the best thing of their lives are liars. okay. just kidding. they're not liars. maybe there really are people that love it. it's justnot exactly my style. i sometimes feel like i'm suffocating. buuuut. i do love the fact that i am learning SO much every second. it's like being in school times one billion. my teachers are great and i'm learning a lot. i still have a long ways to go, but i'm getting there.
for some reason pre-mission i had this grand idea that i would put on a name tag and suddenly become a missionary. news flash. i'm still me. very imperfect and insecure me. i just look the part of a missionary. it's more of a process to become a missionary. maybe it will take me 18 months to figure it out.
something interesting for me is how imperfect i feel here. it's so easy to compare yourself to every single other missionary you're surrounded by. they all seem so much more prepared. they have stronger testimonies and such a solid knowledge of the gospel. they speak spanish better than i do. they're better teachers. they are better at being friendly and outgoing. they have way cuter clothes. i need to stop being so lame and comparing myself to everyone else. Easier said than done. maybe that will be my goal this week. Buen idea.
Also. I've been having a hard time writing in full english. sorry if i interject with a spanish word. my brain is going crazy.
okay. companions. i started in a threesome with hna. hyde y hna. pace. Both are amazing girls. We just got another girl in our district, so now i'm just with hna. pace. She is hilarious. She's from S. Caronlina and has the sweetest accent you've ever heard. Even her spanish has a little twang. love it. She's probably the most christlike person i've ever met. Sort of the quintessential sister missionary, but so so so rad. I adore her. I'll send pictures soon...maybe.
My district is rad. 4 hermanas y 6 elderes. all sisters are white, all elders are hispanic. the boys are the most gentlemanly 19 year olds i've ever met. they're going to make fine husbands someday.
the biggest thing i've learned here the past week is LOVE. Amor. Caridad. I'm falling more and more in love with love every single day. My goal for the mission is to develop pure, unconditional love for everyone i meet. I have a looong way to go, but i'm trying. and that's the best i can do, verdad? So I will love everyone. Maybe i'll suck at teaching and my hair will look like the frizziest thing of all time and my companion will smell like corn nuts. But I'll still love. Viva el amor.
Something I miss? Hugs. I don't know why, but for some reason all i want to do is give everyone i meet the biggest, fattest hug of all time. Which is weird because i'm not usually a mega touchy sort of person, right? So. I don't know. maybe it's all this lovin' i've been learning. Loving investigators. Loving companions. Loving the weather. Loving the grouchy bus driver. Loving everyone. I'm a big fan of it. I just wish i wasn't prohibited from hugging. ha.
okay. companions. i started in a threesome with hna. hyde y hna. pace. Both are amazing girls. We just got another girl in our district, so now i'm just with hna. pace. She is hilarious. She's from S. Caronlina and has the sweetest accent you've ever heard. Even her spanish has a little twang. love it. She's probably the most christlike person i've ever met. Sort of the quintessential sister missionary, but so so so rad. I adore her. I'll send pictures soon...maybe.
My district is rad. 4 hermanas y 6 elderes. all sisters are white, all elders are hispanic. the boys are the most gentlemanly 19 year olds i've ever met. they're going to make fine husbands someday.
the biggest thing i've learned here the past week is LOVE. Amor. Caridad. I'm falling more and more in love with love every single day. My goal for the mission is to develop pure, unconditional love for everyone i meet. I have a looong way to go, but i'm trying. and that's the best i can do, verdad? So I will love everyone. Maybe i'll suck at teaching and my hair will look like the frizziest thing of all time and my companion will smell like corn nuts. But I'll still love. Viva el amor.
Something I miss? Hugs. I don't know why, but for some reason all i want to do is give everyone i meet the biggest, fattest hug of all time. Which is weird because i'm not usually a mega touchy sort of person, right? So. I don't know. maybe it's all this lovin' i've been learning. Loving investigators. Loving companions. Loving the weather. Loving the grouchy bus driver. Loving everyone. I'm a big fan of it. I just wish i wasn't prohibited from hugging. ha.I'm a missionary! I have to remind myself of that approximately every second of every day. It's surreal. Everything about this whole mission thing is surreal. I remember sitting in a big fat meeting on our first day looking around wondering what would happen if I just ran out the doors and never came back. Sometimes I still wonder if I could do that. Not that I don't love the mission. it's just hard. also it's like a roller coaster. major. one second i will be the happiest i've ever been and the next i want to yell and everyone and cry and rip off this freaking skirt. i think people that tell you the mtc was the best thing of their lives are liars. okay. just kidding. they're not liars. maybe there really are people that love it. it's justnot exactly my style. i sometimes feel like i'm suffocating. buuuut. i do love the fact that i am learning SO much every second. it's like being in school times one billion. my teachers are great and i'm learning a lot. i still have a long ways to go, but i'm getting there.
for some reason pre-mission i had this grand idea that i would put on a name tag and suddenly become a missionary. news flash. i'm still me. very imperfect and insecure me. i just look the part of a missionary. it's more of a process to become a missionary. maybe it will take me 18 months to figure it out.
something interesting for me is how imperfect i feel here. it's so easy to compare yourself to every single other missionary you're surrounded by. they all seem so much more prepared. they have stronger testimonies and such a solid knowledge of the gospel. they speak spanish better than i do. they're better teachers. they are better at being friendly and outgoing. they have way cuter clothes. i need to stop being so lame and comparing myself to everyone else. Easier said than done. maybe that will be my goal this week. Buen idea.
Also. I've been having a hard time writing in full english. sorry if i interject with a spanish word. my brain is going crazy.
okay. companions. i started in a threesome with hna. hyde y hna. pace. Both are amazing girls. We just got another girl in our district, so now i'm just with hna. pace. She is hilarious. She's from S. Caronlina and has the sweetest accent you've ever heard. Even her spanish has a little twang. love it. She's probably the most christlike person i've ever met. Sort of the quintessential sister missionary, but so so so rad. I adore her. I'll send pictures soon...maybe.
My district is rad. 4 hermanas y 6 elderes. all sisters are white, all elders are hispanic. the boys are the most gentlemanly 19 year olds i've ever met. they're going to make fine husbands someday.
the biggest thing i've learned here the past week is LOVE. Amor. Caridad. I'm falling more and more in love with love every single day. My goal for the mission is to develop pure, unconditional love for everyone i meet. I have a looong way to go, but i'm trying. and that's the best i can do, verdad? So I will love everyone. Maybe i'll suck at teaching and my hair will look like the frizziest thing of all time and my companion will smell like corn nuts. But I'll still love. Viva el amor.
Something I miss? Hugs. I don't know why, but for some reason all i want to do is give everyone i meet the biggest, fattest hug of all time. Which is weird because i'm not usually a mega touchy sort of person, right? So. I don't know. maybe it's all this lovin' i've been learning. Loving investigators. Loving companions. Loving the weather. Loving the grouchy bus driver. Loving everyone. I'm a big fan of it. I just wish i wasn't prohibited from hugging. ha.
No comments:
Post a Comment