I deleted my post about how I hate when people ask me if I'm excited about my mission. I didn't want people to judge me and think I was a terrible person for having those thoughts. But then I decided that I have no reason to apologize for what happens in my brain. So it's still true - I'm not exactly exploding with excitement about serving a mission. I'm imperfect and short-sighted and unprepared. But I know that spending a year and a half of my life in Ecuador teaching the gospel and wearing pantyhose is right, so I'm doing it. And I plan on making it fantastic.
I've decided to post mission updates on this lovely blog of mine for the next 18 months. (Okay, my sister will be the one posting. Not to worry, I'm not breaking any rules.) I intend to tell things to you straight. I don't really plan on sugar coating things and making my experience sound like an absolute dream 100% of the time. I'll tell you about funny things and things I hate and miracles. You'll be thoroughly entertained by stories from the life of an awkward missionary. I guarantee it.
So all I ask is that you return the favor. I can't blog stalk you or text you or skype with you, but I still want to hear about your adventures as you prance through life over the next year and a half. I want to hear about your vacation to the Bahamas and the time that you went on the best date of your life and when you failed the midterm you spent hours studying for. I want letters.
My email and MTC address are conveniently posted on the right of your screen. You can also use DearElder to send me love notes. Mallory will update my address when it changes.
I will write you back as much as I possibly can. Word on the street is that you get pretty busy as a missionary (even on p-day), so I can't promise that responses will be mega prompt. But I'll do my best.
PS. I leave in 3 days. Um...when did this happen?!
8 comments:
i promise you a thousand million letters a week. and i will LIVE for your emails and letters. i already miss you so much it physically hurts.
whoever said that distance makes us closer better not be lying because this is too ridiculously hard.
i cant wait to tell you about my dates (the good..but even more entertaining..the BAD..because we all know i have plenty of those)
i love you :)
Oh merrit! 3 days! Actually, now 2, right? I just want you to know how absolutely fabulous I know you are! This will probably be one of the hardest things you've ever done, I can't say for sure since I never got to experience it! But I KNOW you will be awesome! I can't wait to read all about your experiences! Know that for the next 18 months you will be in my thoughts and prayers daily! I love you, and may God be with you till we meet again! <3
Whoops! I left something out.
Merrit! I can't believe you're leaving so soon!! What happened to all that time between June when we were in Mexico giggling late into the night as we looked at pictures of adorable Mexican children and now??? I want you to know that I'm so excited for you and I can't even tell you what you're friendship has meant to me. (A LOT! You can't see my arms right now, but they are stretched pretty freakin far!) I can't guarantee letters, cause I suck at writing, but I'll try. Thanks for being such a great example to me of doing what is right and being a good friend. :) You'll be great asset to the work! I know it! God be with ya Hermana!
Love, Brittney
Sheesh, already? Guess I better start searching for my favorite Howaboutorange cards to print off!
Take luck, Scout. You'll be a rockstar missionary.
Merrit we wish you all the best and look forward to following your experiences on your blog. Your mind has to be racing but I would think that is normal. You will be awesome!
Mallory doesn't even update her own blog, how do you think you can expect her to update yours?
Tom D
Wow this sounds like such an adventure. I hope that you can make the most of it, it seems like you will have alot of people missing you and ready to send lots of letters.
Post a Comment