I remember when this moment was 3 months away. And three weeks. And three days. Now it's three hours.
Three hours until I am set apart as a missionary. I will trade in my sweats for grandma skirts, and The Count of Monte Cristo for The Book of Mormon. I'll put on a name tag and pretend to speak Spanish and tell people how to be happy.
So the big question is how did I spend my last day as a human? Well. I spent it in my pajamas surrounded by the messiest room on the planet. I threw things in a suitcase and downloaded a zillion church songs and laughed when my mom said that beards are furbies on your face. Normal things.
About a week ago everyone started asking me if I was all packed and ready to go. I left it to the last minute on purpose. I knew that if I didn't have things to keep me busy all day today I'd probably spend the entire day trying to remember how to breathe. For some reason breathing has become harder and harder the more I realize that I'm leaving for reals. So. Viva la procrastination. I don't regret it a bit.
And now I will sign out of this account for the last time in a year and a half. Weird.
I will miss you all like freaking crazy.
No comments:
Post a Comment