Instagram. Facebook. Blogs. YouTube. Pinterest. Texting. iPod playlists. Plus a little Spotify. Words with Friends. Bejeweled. Amazon.
Remember when you had to call someone hours in advance to set a specific time and place to meet? And when you were hanging out with your friends and the only interruption was your mom showing up at the door to pick you up? And how the most hilarious videos you watched were your friend's home videos (on vhs)?
No wonder everyone has ADD these days.
Exhibit A. At work today (did I mention I have a job? It's really glamorous. I sit in a cubicle and call people. Some are angry and some talk to me about how hot this summer has been in Michigan. And others have names that are waaay too hard to pronounce. But you already know how I feel about that). Anyway, back to the story. At work today I measured my call to pinterest-browsing ratio. I made one call to every 3 pinterest searches. And I re-read my most interesting emails at least once (more for the extra funny/important ones). And I checked Instagram at least 7 times just in case anyone put up any sort of picture I could stare at for a few seconds. Don't judge me...you'd do the same if you had my job.
Exhibit B. In the course of writing this short post I checked my phone for a text, pulled up my email, g-chatted a friend, signed in to Pinterest, and played this music video on YouTube.
For my birthday I wish for the willpower to get rid of these dumb distractions. Maybe I'd actually get something done every once in a while.
No comments:
Post a Comment