Pages

17 October 2008

Living a Blog-Worthy Life

So, my blog entries have been rather dry lately and I think I've figured out why. My life is so boring!

I literally wake up (much earlier than I'd like), go to class (I catch up on sleep during this time), go to work, do homework, stay up way too late for no apparent reason, and go to bed. This is all I do all day, everday. Pathetic, eh? It seems as though there just aren't enough hours to actually try to squeeze something exciting into my day!

I guess I should try to do better at making these mundane things more thrilling, eh? After all, I have to come up with something interesting to write about on this dang blog.

Now, how about a little update on my boring life?

Work is good. I still have no idea what I'm doing aside from slopping food on a plate and I am constantly asking people where stuff is and what the heck I'm supposed to be doing. I'm sure they're completely sick of me, but oh well. It's fun talking to the missionaries, especially in Spanish. I feel like they're more on my level than the RMs in my Spanish class. :)

School is hard. The beginning of the semester was all fine and dandy. My work load wasn't too heavy and I was managing to do okay in all my classes. Yeah, that didn't last long. This week and next are midterms and suddenly I feel like I'm frantically trying to stay caught up with everything!

It's so unlike me to be disorganized and irresponsible in classes, but suddenly I'm finding myself forgetting about online quizzes and assignments and just slacking in a BIG way. Ugh. So frustrating. I also hate not knowing exactly what my grades are for all my classes. Hopefully I'll get by with a decent GPA this semester to keep my scholarship!

I've been rather stressed trying to figure out what in the world to major in. Well, ok, that's a lie. I'm majoring in sociology. I'm planning on minoring in something to hopefully supplement this major and kind of put me on a more specific career path. My problem is I can't narrow it down! International development? Nonprofit management? Business management? Spanish? Ugh. So many pros and cons to each...I just can't make up my mind.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

I know exactly what you mean by not knowing what your grades are. It's most likely the most frustrating part of college ever.

Cheryl said...

ah merrit. I love reading your blog. I should probably just copy and paste your blog onto mine since you describe it so very well!