Pages

28 September 2009

Thankful...Sunday

I know it's not Thursday. I also know that I haven't done a 'Thankful Thursday' post in quite some time. But I am feeling rather grateful on this fine Sunday evening (or perhaps I'm just trying to procrastinate my homework even more? Maybe a combination of the two), so I thought I'd share a few things that have brought utter and complete joy to my life the past couple days.

1. Family. There are not adequate words in the english language to express how much I love and admire them.

2. Autumn. I think I forget every year how much I love this season. Then I go to the mountains and frolic among the red maple trees and remember. I am eternally grateful to a God who manifests His love for His children in such a beautiful way.

3. Honest conversations. They provide oodles of clarity in life where situations are all too often vague and undefined.

4. Comic relief. Real life is pretty drab. I'm positive I'd go absolutely insane without something to laugh at during the day - hilarious photos on the internet, awkward encounters on campus, kitchen dance parties instead of homework, and getting called as Gospel Doctrine teacher in my ward (okay, maybe it's not really a laughing matter. But I think if I don't laugh about it, I'll realize how stressful and overwhelming it is and burst into tears. It is rather laughable that they think I'm actually capable of teaching that class though. Ha!).

5. Church. It's true. 'Nuff said.

No comments: