- I was the cutest dang baby ever born. Just ask my mom. I never cried and I slept through the night since day 1. I was often mistaken for an angel. One or more of those statements may or may not be a lie.
- One day in first grade I announced to my mom that I was a tomboy. She asked me what a tomboy was. I had no idea. I think she got my point when I refused to wear anything remotely frilly. Sundays were horrible because I had to spend 3 whole hours in a dress. I did kick butt at 4-square and soccer though.
- In 3rd grade I was in an opera and I had a solo and we performed at First Night (the New Year's Eve celebration in Salt Lake). Basically what I'm trying to say is that I'm famous.
- Believe it or not, I used to actually work hard in school. I went through a weird phase where I would stay in from recess just to work on school related things. Apparently my hard work didn't actually pay off because I lost the 4th grade spelling bee. Turns out there is a 'p' in raspberry. Who knew? I still enjoy nerdy things, but I would definitely choose playing over studying any day.
- I still dream of the day that BYU will switch over to requiring students to wear uniforms. 8th grade was probably my favorite year just because I got to wear a plaid, pleated skirt every day.
- I have had my fair share of weird teachers: drill sergeant, transvestite, belly dancer, and a self-proclaimed opera singer...just to name a few.
- Just before my 5th or 6th birthday party I took a nap. When I awoke, the guests were all gathered in the living room. I walked downstairs and was greeted by a bunch of little kids jumping out at me, yelling "surprise!" Up until about a year ago I thought it was a legitimate surprise party. Turns out I had actually known about it all along, but I must have forgotten when I fell asleep.
- I enjoy spending time with my family. Favorite past times? Carrying my sister up the stairs by her head, chasing poisonous frogs around the house, running over my dad's toe with brand new rollerblades, going out for a classy fast food kid's meal (and talking my sister into getting extra ketchup and trading my toy at the counter for me. I was a little shy, okay?) , running through London's tube station barefoot (much to my mother's horror), and wandering through Disneyland in matching hunter-orange t-shirts.
- I also enjoy fooling people into thinking I'm very sophisticated and mature. Truth be told...I think adulthood is overrated.
Happy birthday to me!
No comments:
Post a Comment