Things I love:
Hiking through a cloud forest
Cool guides that teach you about said cloud forest
Driving through the BEAUTIFUL countryside between Monteverde and La Fortuna
Riding in the back of a pickup truck through dirt roads in the rainforest
Waterfall rapelling (put it on your list of things to do before you die!)
Eating Casados in open-air cafes
Walking down the street and looking up to see a volcano spit out smoke
Trashy hostels with rad people (and a private room for 6 bucks a night!)
Spending more hours than I care to admit playing speed and bananagrams
Eating avocados and cheese for lunch. It´s a new invention. Cheesacados. Yum.
Avoiding people we hate. Aka the weird girls at our last hostel in Monteverde who we coincidentally ran into in La Fortuna. Ugh.
Sitting under an umbrella in a hammock. Rain hammocking. Also a new invention.
Making up awesome games with Nancy to pass the time. Some of our favorites: Imma Be. If this animal was your pet, what would you name it. Would you marry this person. E true hollywood story. We can´t think of all the rest of them at the moment...but trust me. There are some good ones.
Finding a new pet dog. He followed us for a mile and growled at people who came near us.
Things I don´t love:
Hoity-toity hostels with plastic mattresses and stuck up people
Getting smoke blown in my face by Brits on holiday
Shopping in Costa Rica (I swear. If I have to look at one more stupid toucan figurine I´ll die.)
I adore Costa Rica. I hate to brag but...we´re hiking to the volcano tonight. Hiking and hot springs tomorrow. Whitewater rafting on Saturday. Please don´t make me go home.
2 comments:
Reading this makes me sick with jealousy. I hope my adventures will be half as amazing as yours.
So. jealous. Your life sounds so fabulous!
This week, I'm going to imagine boulders is a volcano. Then I can be as legit as you.
Post a Comment