Today I was searching for mission-y stuff online and stumbled upon an article in the New Era with advice from a girl to other sister missionaries written in 1972.
It encouraged girls to sleep on a satin pillowcase to preserve your hairstyle and maintain a feminine look, spark up those drab colors with scarves and bows, always carry a rain-wind bonnet (you never know), and learn how to make those no-bake cookies for branch picnics.
This dear sister also suggested that "If you are one pound overweight, it is too much. Take it off!"
Shoot. I guess I'll have to resist that extra helping of guinea pig in Ecuador. And unfortunately I don't think even a satin pillow will help my hair situation. The humidity will ensure 18 months of frizzy goodness.
Here's the full article...just in case you need some helpful mission advice.
1 comment:
Bahahaha, Unfortunately, all she has suggested became rules. You must sleep on a large satin pillow in a giant full body hairnet. That's the truth.
Post a Comment