I started this list ages ago but never posted it. Don't worry...Costa Rica updates are coming soon. I'm back in America and life is crazy again. But I will post pictures. After checking out these beauties you'll know where to plan your next vacation. Be excited.
Anyway. Here's the list.
Things that make me feel like an adult:
1. Making my own doctor's appointments.
2. Going to the doctor by myself.
3. Filling a prescription.
4. Apparently medical things in general.
5. Grocery shopping.
6. Telling people to pick up their dirty socks.
7. Taking my car in to get the oil changed.
8. Having phone conversations that sound really official and important.
9. Having an argument in a different language.
10. Paying the bill at a restaurant.
11. Lecturing teens about not drinking and respecting their leaders and other important things.
12. Somehow managing to get along with people I strongly dislike and disagree with because I have to.
13. Making dinner.
14. Locking the house at night.
15. Talking to people about politics and culture and foreign aid.
I've lived on my own for 2 years. Most of the time I still feel like I'm playing house.
2 comments:
I would add "Going to lunch". I remember the first time I suggested "We should go to lunch sometime!" and was immediately disgusted, thinking Lunch? Am I 40?
Not that, ya know, 40 is that old or anything. *cough*
PS- word verification = aguiona. Pretty sure you saw a few of those in Costa Rica
Ditto on Brooke. I actually said "Let's do lunch" to someone the other day. I felt ancient.
Also, paying utility bills. Who does that? I thought light and water were free...
Post a Comment