Pages

28 September 2010

So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen

Good news. I finished my talk before midnight on Saturday night. I woke up early and got the house all ready for people to come over and totally forgot to practice my talk one last time before church. Pretty sure part of the reason they spend so long passing the sacrament is so that the speakers have time to refresh their memory on what they're actually talking about. Anyway. I'm blabbering. Sorry.

So the talk went well. I based it (sort of) off this talk by President Packer. I successfully didn't make my mom cry, and a few people even laughed at my lame attempts at being mildly funny. I would say that my homecoming talk will be even better, but I will have probably forgotten how to speak English by then, so I'll just struggle with the whole thing. 

Sunday was the most beautiful day of my life. Friends and family came over after church to eat good food and enjoy the day. The weather was fantastic, and the company was even better. I couldn't ask for more fantastic people in my life. I was on the verge of exploding with pure joy the entire day. 

Enough of my rambling. Pictures? Okay.





2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad this is tagged as something that doesn't suck. Your farewell was definitely far from sucking, so was your talk.
Also, you very much don't suck. You're pretty stinkin' fantastic. I probably like you more than boondoggle. And, that's saying something.

Eric Layland said...

i like the picture of you and lesa with the flower's most. Glad I took that photography class to learn to take pictures like that.