Life is fragile. Things can change in an instant. One second you could be training for your billionth race, and the next you could be flying in a helicopter to the hospital with a long road to recovery ahead.
My sweet aunt Lisa was riding her bike earlier in the week when a Suburban turning left didn't see her and hit her broadside, sending her on the windshield and then throwing her 30 feet. My deepest thoughts and prayers are with her as she faces pain and surgeries and sitting in that miserable hospital bed all day when I'm sure she'd rather be teaching her aerobics class. She is one of the most inspiring people I've ever met and I have no doubt that she'll rock this whole recovery thing. Read updates on her condition here. But more importantly, keep her and her family in your prayers.
Lisa, you're absolutely amazing. Keep singing John Denver songs and you'll be out of that bed in no time.
So here's what I'm learning: always love where you're at in life. Don't let hours or days or weeks pass you by because you can't get those moment back. Climb mountains, paint pictures, sing songs, kayak, learn a song on the guitar, read good books, go skydiving, and pursue your passions. And most importantly, love people. Love your family and friends and strangers you meet at a concert. Why do all this? Because life could change any second. And then when it changes, learn to find happiness and love in that, too.
1 comment:
I am in love with the last 2 sentences. Life could change any second. And then when it changes, learn to find happiness and love in that too. What an inspiring thought!! I wish I just had your brain ok.
Post a Comment