Pages

24 September 2008

Death by Spider



Today started out like any other day. I woke up, attempted to get ready, didn't have time to eat much breakfast, and headed out for the day's events.

Little by little, I began to notice something was just not quite right. I kept having a little twinge of an itch on my forehead! As the day progressed, I realized that there was a slight bump at the location of the itch. I figured maybe it was just a little mosquito bite or something and brushed it off.

Once I finally got home I was in the bathroom and glanced in the mirror. To my horror I discovered a gigantic sick nasty bulging thing on my head! I kid you not--it is taking over the entire right side of my forehead! This was no ordinary mosquito bite. I'm almost positive it was a spider bite because it just so happens that I am allergic to those dang things! Whenever I get bit by a spider it swells up to the size of a small country.
Normally it wouldn't be that big of a deal, but it is smack dab on my forehead! There is no possible way to cover it up! It looks like someone threw a baseball at my head and I got a giant goose egg. AND THEN tonight I discovered yet another bite on my cheek! The two are so big they almost connect, turning me into a nasty looking creature from a horror film. It's hard to tell in the picture at the top of this post, but trust me. It's huge.

I'm certain I know who the culprit is. Yesterday when I was getting in the shower I saw the biggest, grossest spider on the planet. I named him Edgar. I tried hunting him down so he wouldn't eat all the food in the house, but that little guy was so dang fast I could never catch him! I'm almost positive that he was seeking revenge on me because I was trying to murder him.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post a picture!! Were you there when Chicken got that big huge goose egg on her face? I feel like you two would have been twins (even though you already are triplets with whittle)