Turns out the trailhead is much further down the road than I thought, so it seemed like we were driving for hours. Luckily I got us to where we needed to go...definitely a good thing because pretty sure I would be shunned in my ward if I got us all lost.
The hike was also a lot longer than I thought it would be, but it was definitely worth it! Yay for hot springs!
We got a little bored on the long ride there
Swimming in delicious sulfur-scented agua
Me, my roomies, and our neighbors at the hot springs
On another note...
I taught Relief Society today! The lesson was on a talk by President Eyring from General Conference in April called "The True and Living Church." I was mega nervous because I have never taught a class like that in my life and there are like 75 girls in the class. Talk about intimidating! And it probably didn't really help that I went to bed at 2:30am and had to wake up at 7 (note to self: midnight hikes are not always a good idea when you have church at 9 the next day).
Lucky for me, though, the lesson went suprisingly well! Everybody participated a ton - always a good thing - and crazy as it sounds I actually enjoyed teaching. You definitely learn a crazy amount of stuff when you have to teach it, and going over the lesson this week was a huge blessing. As much as loved teaching, I'm quite glad it's over and that I won't have to teach much now that we have instructors.
2 comments:
I hope there was a naked man in these springs when you went cause there definitely was when I did!
PS: Good job teaching this gal!!! I probably would have just cried. I'ma say I'm excited to partay in Provo with you!
That looks fun!
sulfur...yum.
Post a Comment