Pages

16 September 2008

Nerd Alert

I have come to the conclusion that my last post was written way too late at night after waaaay too many hours of studying. My brain was 90% mush. It was so boring and lame that I think I definitely have a future in textbook writing. Normally I try to keep my geekiness to myself, but I for sure let myself slip on that one! Haha.





Today I ate an entire box of mac and cheese for dinner. That's right. I sat alone in my apartment and ate the whole thing by myself! And the sad part is...I enjoyed every last bite. I'm not really sure why I was starving to death...but apparently I was. So I ate. And ate. And ate some more.

I'm getting kind of sick of eating the same thing every single day of my life. I have come to find out that cooking for one is not easy. Especially when it's late at night and I don't have the time or energy to actually whip up a decent meal. Maybe after being in Relief Society for a while, the homemaker spirit of it all will rub off on me and I'll suddenly become the next Martha Stewart.





Speaking of Relief Society, last week I was called as the 1st counselor in the Relief Society presidency. I thought I did an impressive job of laying low so I wouldn't get a hard calling, but apparently only making a brief, on-time appearance at church and not turning in the getting-to-know-you questionaire wasn't enough to avoid it. I'm actually kind of excited about it to be quite honest. I think it'll be a good learning opportunity and a good chance to meet the girls in the ward.





At the same time, it's pretty overwhelming. I have been to Relief Society a grand total of 3 times in my life. The first time I went the lesson was about death. I'm sure it was easy for the old ladies in the ward to relate, but mostly I just thought it was mildly humorous and really strange. Basically, I have no idea what I'm doing. And then there's hours and hours of meetings, planning, visiting, thinking about who to call for things, etc, etc, etc. It should be interesting.





Well, I think I've procrastinated my homework for long enough. And to think I was actually planning on going to bed early tonight...bummer.

3 comments:

MD said...

PS...i'm not really sure what's up with the formatting on this post. I'd fix it, but I'm way too lazy for that.

Brooke said...

Your story about eating a box of mac 'n' cheese reminds me of this one time (not in elementary school) when I made a large pan of world's best homemade mac 'n' cheese and ate practically the whole thing. Kinda like your experience, only with about 4000 more calories and a brick of Velveeta.

Cheryl said...

HAHa
you and me are both in the same situation.. but i figure being in the presidency is twenty times better than teaching the relief society

Ps
I love brooke and her comments. I secretly read and laugh her blog too!