Pages

10 September 2008

Ninties Child

In honor of my birthday tomorrow (I'm writing this today so all of you remember to get me a present or at least tell me how awesome I am.), I would like to take a little stroll down memory lane. Technically I was born in the 80s, but my childhood was pretty much entirely the 90s. Coolest decade ever, if you ask me. So anyway, here's a few things that remind me of the good ol' days.

The nineties were chock full of excellent TV shows. My personal favs? Pepper Ann (pepper ann, pepper ann, much too cool for 7th grade...ah such a great theme song), Hey Arnold! (move it, football head!), Wishbone (I still get nightmares about those creepy monkeys that only came out at dark), and Ghostwriter (always freaked me out, but I loved it just the same). Oh, and who can forget Sabrina the Teenage Witch and Home Improvement?!

And of course, my absolute number one favorite: Boy Meets World. There were about a gazillion others that I was thoroughly obsessed with, but I won't ramble on and on about them. I guess I just spent way more time in front of the TV than I should have.


Who doesn't love this show? I always wished I was just like Topanga (I even bought a super lame book Danielle Fischel wrote because I thought she was so cool). I think I just about wet my pants when she proposed to Cory on graduation.


Nowadays kids' entertainment consists of playing the wii and xbox for hours, occassionally texting their friends while guitar hero is loading. Having fun when I was a youngin' meant playing pogs or feeding your Tamagotchi pet. Good times.





Other things I enjoyed in the 90s:
  • Dancing the Macarena

  • Playing bubblegum, bubblegum in a dish

  • Reading Goosebumps even though it scared me half to death because it was the cool thing to do


Growing up in the 90s was downright splendid. Kids these days just don't know what they're missing. Happy (almost) birthday to me!

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Brilliant!
I agree 100% with this entire blog!

Brooke said...

Bassa! I was scared of those monkey things on Wishbone, too! Oh, and I remember this super scary Ghostwriter with this creepy little purple doll thing that shot goo at people. Talk about freaky!

Oh, and for the record, Pepper Ann WAS much too cool for 7th grade.