Pages

24 August 2008

Home Again

Well, I'm back to real life now (ugh!). I can't believe how fast 3 weeks flew by! The blow of reality was hard and rather unwelcome. I was just reviewing costs of college (for the millionth time) and it kinda made me want to throw up a little. I realize the value of education is huge, but paying hundreds of dollars for books doesn't quite make sense to me. Needless to say, I'm in hot pursuit of a job at BYU...or a money tree. Preferably the latter.



On that note...here's a little recap of the last few days in Ireland.


The Ballynahinch Castle was a pretty incredible place. I thoroughly enjoyed my night sleep in the ultra comfy bed. Waking up in the morning was probably my favorite because we had these gigantic windows that looked out over the river so I would pull open the curtains and greet the day. It was just like being in a movie (like Enchanted or something).

We went into town the second night we were there. I wasn't a big fan of the town; it was mostly a bunch of random shops and a lot of horse trailers. However, there were a couple good things about it. One, we ate a decently priced meal. And two, a huge random band from France started playing in the middle of the plaza just right out of the blue! They had it all: a tuba, trumpet, trombone, and even a french horn. It was absolutely hilarious. I have no idea what brought them all the way from France to this little tiny town in the middle of nowhere, but whatever it was, I was very glad for it.

The drive back to Dublin wasn't too bad. We even got to drive on a decent sized freeway! We stayed at the airport hotel that night and flew home the next day. It was an extremely long, grueling day of travel. We had a 7 hour flight to Newark, a 5 hour layover, and then another 5 hour flight to Salt Lake. Long days of travel aren't that bad when you're on your way to your vacation spot, but coming home they're horrendous. We made it home at about 11:30 pm that night and we all went straight to bed. Fortunately for me, I woke up bright and early at 5 am! And then today I woke up at 4:40 am. Ugh. I think my body clock is a little screwed up from the time change, but luckily I haven't been too tired.

I move to Provo on Wednesday and I can't believe how quickly it has snuck up on me! I still have a gazillion things to do to get ready. I have mixed emotions about moving down there, but that's another post for another day.

No comments: