Pages

13 August 2008

I Fart in Your General Direction...

(...You will understand if you're familiar with Montey Python/Spamalot)
No trip to London is complete without taking the train out to visit Windsor Castle, the favorite residence of Her Majesty. It's no wonder she loves it so much...the castle is gorgeous! While Buckingham Palace is a bit more modern, Windsor has been preserved for hundreds of years. Most of the design came from one of the King Georges...I can't remember which. Third or fourth, perhaps? Anyway, it's really fancy--built in the old French style with motes and all. Here's a couple pictures from the day:
Guess what? It was yet another audio tour!
And to think we didnt even make him laugh...
And there you have it, folks: Windsor Castle in all it's glory!


After touring the castle, we wandered around the town a bit. It's a beautiful place! If I were to move to England, I think I would choose a quaint little town like this. We then took the train and tube back to central London in hopes of getting tickets for another show. We decided to go for a bit of British humor and got tickets for Spamalot.
By this time we were all hungry, so we stopped at a pub called The Porcupine and ate some delicious English food. Brits aren't generally known for having good food...but if you like a hearty comfort meal, the food is pretty good! Or..some of it at least. I had a heaping plate of mashed potatoes and sausage. My mom's food definitely won the award of most delectable. It was basically like shepherd's pie. Mmm. We sat around there for nearly two hours. The place was pretty cool--very much what I would have imagined a classic British pub to be like.
The area where we were (near Leister Square) is filled with a million restaurants, clubs, and pubs. It's kind of like when you go to a market in a poverty-stricken area and they have stall after stall of the exact same kind of potato. Normally in these cases business suffers due to extreme competition, but here every single place was PACKED! It's crazy how many people are here and out havin a good time on a Tuesday night!
Spamalot was pretty funny. Slightly crude, but there were still a lot of laughs. I think I was too tired to enjoy it to the full extent, but it was pretty good. Of all the shows we've seen, Wicked definitely takes the cake.

No comments: