Pages

03 August 2008

Morning of Mishaps

I'm not one to be all into horiscopes and such, but let me share with you what mine was the other day:
A hectic and somewhat confusing start to August--it could get confusing, with little mishaps and misunderstandings, but hang on!

This perfectly described my morning. We had church this morning at 9, and the journey there by the Tube should have taken us about 40 minutes or so. We were kind of running behind schedule as wee got ready, and then the worst thing possible could have happened. My straightener FRIED my hair. Literally. A big ole chunk of it burned off and is now in the garbage, black as night.

Luckily it isnt too noticeable, but still. It was traumatic. Ok, so maybe it's not the worst thing possible, but still. I was none too pleased. This dang electricity here is so whacked. I guess it was pumping too much electricity through and made my straightener about 2 million degrees, and thus my hair was burned. Oh well. Life goes on.

This series of unfortunate events didnt end there. We had to rush through the streets to the Tube in order to catch the train to church because we were running so late. We took the Tube to Paddington, then we were supposed to change trains to the Circle Line. After practically running a marathon, we found out that
the Circle Line wasnt running today. Just our luck. Oh, and did I mention that I was wearing pointy heels?! My feet were killing me but I had been sucking it up because I really wanted to make it to church. At this point we were already 15 minutes late and still about 30 minutes away. We were going to try to hoof it, but ultimately decided it wasnt worth it and so we'll try again next week.

On the walk back, my shoe got stuck in something and fell off. I looked down and whaddyaknow...a big chunk of my skin was dangling off the side of my foot! I nearly screamed bloody murder right in the middle of the subway station. Instead, I just promptly removed these dang heels (and now I know why I never ever wear anything except for flats) and walked barefoot through the gross, nasty, barfy station. In hindsight, I'm rather disgusted that I even considered doing that. I probably have some crazy disease now. Gross.

And to think it's only ten in the morning. Here's to hoping this day gets better...and FAST!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Well I read both you and Mallory's version of the day! YUCK! About your foot! But don't you worry I probably would have done the same. Good job on building up your immunities though, I bet you don't get sick this trip! :) Sounds like you guys are having a blast so keep on writing! Tell your fam hi from us!