We've made it safe and sound to the land of the leprechauns! I've been awake since five this morning, so forgive me if this post makes no sense. We arrived at about 10:30ish this morning and took a taxi to central Dublin to our hotel. The city is considerably smaller than London and has a much different feel to it.
Lucky for us, they had rooms ready so we dropped our bags off and I took a much needed shower. I was not about to wake up an extra half hour early this morning just to shower. Plus airplanes make me feel gross anyway. Everyone else got a bit of a rest while I got ready, and then it was time to head out.
We stepped foot out of the hotel and realized we had no idea where we were or what there was to do here in Dublin. We spent way more time researching stuff to do in London, so we didn't have a clue where to start here! My dad found a pretty sweet deal with this company that organizes road trip-type travel through Ireland. Basically you tell them to your preferences on location and types of activities and lodging you want and they do the rest. They sent us our itinerary and a big list of activities to do at all the locations we'll be traveling to in the next week.
However...we failed to take a good look at ideas for things to do in Dublin for the day or so that we're here. Finally we settled on the trusty double-decker bus tour of the city, much like the one we did the first day in London. Again, it was a good overview of the city as a whole.
We realized our hotel is about a block away from a huge pedestrian-only street filled with street performers and shops and such. Somewhere along that street, the world's greatest rock band, U2, began playing together. Perhaps I'll go in search of that blessed location in a while.
My mom and I decided to relax at a park that was nearby. There were people everywhere just lounging about enjoying the weather. Today has by far been the nicest day of the trip! The sun has been out, there's been no rain, and I haven't even had to break icicles off of my hair! Seriously though, it's gorgeous. I just pray it stays like this for the rest of the trip!
Well, we're off to dinner now because I'm starving. Again, not sure if I'll have an internet connection at the next stop, so don't cry too much if I don't update daily!
No comments:
Post a Comment