Pages

11 August 2008

Tea with Her Majesty

This morning we went to Buckingham Palace and did yet another audio tour. Again, photography was not allowed inside, so you'll have to google some pictures if you're really that curious as to what it looks like. The palace is pretty awesome inside and we learned some pretty rad stuff. My only regret was that I forgot to wear my royal gown and silk gloves...I felt rather under-dressed when the Queen herself invited us to the garden for tea. Ok, so maybe that was just a dream I had when I fell asleep on the tube, but still.

After the tour, we headed on over to Hyde Park for some lunch and boats on the Serpentine (the lake in the park). The three girls got a row boat and I, of course, had to row because they were busy huddling in the corner trying to get warm. Let me tell you...rowing a boat is not the easiest thing to do! It took us like 10 minutes just to get a few yards away from the dock! But eventually I got the hang of it, and now I'm thinking of joining the rowing team at BYU. I'm sure I'll lead us to victory.

We then ventured over to Shakespeare's Globe Theatre and I enjoyed a quick nap and then we did a tour of the place. They were doing a rehearsal for a play while we were there, so we got to see a portion of that as well. I always hated learning about Shakespeare in English class (that whole iambic pentameter thing wasn't really my style I guess), but seeing it firsthand and learning some cool stuff made it much more interesting to me. And get this...we actually had a real, live tour guide this time! I was beginning to think they were banned here in London or something!

Anyway, I have 4 other people in the apartment who are begging for the computer. We're not really used to sharing computers...if you've seen our home office and the quanity of computers, you'll know why. I'll post more pictures on facebook later tonight (hopefully). Cheers!

2 comments:

Mrs. Jackson said...

Hey Merrit!! That's so cool that you're in London!! If you're ever in edmonton, look up Sister Berrett. That's right my sister is serving there! Keep blogging! I love reading them.

Cheryl said...

Me and Brian are on our way to london right now. We planned it and we are getting on a plane as i write this